We will always ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information.
Meditator (“we”, “our”, “us” or “Meditator”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If you have any queries about this policy or the personal information we hold, please contact:
Tel: 01428 653484
Data collection Usage
We will collect, store and use your personal information to:
- conduct our business
- meet our legal obligations
- fulfil any purpose we make known to you when we collect your personal information
- provide customer service and answer inquiries
What information do we collect?
- Your name and contact details, including postal address, telephone number, email address.
- Your date of birth
- Financial information, such as bank details or credit/debit card details, where you provide them to make a payment. We don’t store credit or debit card details, but we’re required to store bank details in some circumstances, including when they’re used for direct debit payments.
- Information about our services which you use/which we consider of interest to you
How do we collect and use your personal information?
The purposes for which we use your information may depend on the relationship you have with The Meditator
- providing you with the services, products or information you asked for.
- processing orders that you have submitted;
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us; responding to or fulfil any requests, complaints or queries you make to us;
- conducting analysis and market research to better understand how we can improve our services, products or information;
- monitoring the interactions we have with our customers, for quality control and compliance purposes to ensure we are delivering the service we and our regulators expect to monitor website-use to identify visitor location, guard against disruptive use, monitor website traffic, personalise information which is presented to you and/or to provide you with targeted advertisements seeking your views or comments on the services we provide;
- notifying you of changes to our services; sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information activities and promotions of goods and services;
- any other personal information shared with us as described above.
We will only communicate to you in the way you have told us and this may include:
- manage and administer our systems and databases (Opt-in and Opt-out) for direct marketing and cookie consent
- Send you our newsletters, publications, event news by post or email
- You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included at the end of any marketing email we send to you, or by contacting [email protected]
- Share information with third parties if you have provided your consent
- For our legitimate interest
- In order for us to supply services or products you purchase from us (to complete a contract with you)
Legal basis for using your information
We use your information:
- to enter into or perform a contract with you or for your benefit
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- in providing you with our products and services and ensuring they operate safely, securely and in a commercially suitable way which is tailored to your use and interests
- for the good governance of our business, including keeping financial records, to allow us to pay suppliers and to charge, invoice or refund customers;
- to provide you with information about our Services, to contact you about administrative matters, and to manage and respond to any queries or complaints you make or any correspondence you send us;
- you have provided your consent to receive marketing communications from us or for other uses of your personal data
- Where it is in your/someone else’s vital interests (for example, in case of medical emergency suffered by someone using our terminal illness services).
- prevention of crime and fraud
- Your legitimate interests “Legitimate interests” can also include your interests, such as when you have requested information or certain goods or services from us, and those of third parties (for example, beneficiaries of our work and services).
How do we balance these interests?
When we legitimately process your personal information in this way, we consider and balance any potential impact on you (both positive and negative), and your rights under data protection laws.
We won’t use your personal information for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you. For example, where use would be excessively intrusive (unless, for instance, we are otherwise required or permitted to by law).
How long we keep your information
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements
If you would like further information about how long we retain your information for, please contact:
External Third Parties
We may provide your personal data to third parties to the extent set out in the “How we use your data” section above.
- Service providers (such as those who provide IT, CRM, customer engagement platforms and system administration services). We use Mailchimp to send out our E-Newsletter. If you would like to know how they process and store your data, please review their privacy notice www.intuit.com/privacy/statement/
- Professional advisers and assistance service providers (including lawyers, bankers, accountants, auditors, insurers and consultants).
- Payment processing service providers, such as Stripe for online purchases. If you would like to know how they process and store your data, please review their privacy notice https://stripe.com/gb/privacy
- HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and certain other public authorities.
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
- The right to lodge a complaint with the ICO We would hope that you will always raise any issues with us first, and that we will be able to resolve them to your satisfaction. However, if this isn’t possible then you always have a right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) if you believe that any use of your personal information by us is in breach of applicable data protection laws and regulations.
If you would like to contact us about Your Rights, please contact:
How we protect your information?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage, and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your personal or transactional data stored on our website and systems.
Transfers of data outside the United Kingdom
Your personal information may be transferred or stored outside. Please note that some countries outside of the UK have a lower standard of protection for personal information, including lower security requirements and fewer rights for individuals.
Where your personal information is transferred, stored and/or otherwise processed outside the UK, we’ll take all reasonable steps necessary to make sure the recipient implements appropriate safeguards designed to protect your personal information and to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Unfortunately, no transmission of your personal information over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Links to other websites
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, they will have their own privacy policies for which we do not accept any responsibility or liability.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using cookie files stored on your computer or device (“cookies”). Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your computer or device when you visit a website. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
We may use both “session” cookie and “persistent” cookies on the website. Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; prevent fraud and increase website security; and other uses. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; keep track of your preferences in relation to your use of our website; and other uses.
You can find more information about cookies and how to manage them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/. You may disable cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you do so, this will affect your enjoyment of our site and we will no longer be able to offer to you a personalised service
Contact details of the ICO
Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 (National rate)
Email: [email protected]
Making a complaint will not affect any other legal rights or remedies that you have.
We may update this policy from time to time. When we do, we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. We encourage our users to frequently check this page for any
changes to stay informed about how we are helping to protect your personal information we collect.
If there are any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will contact you and we will place a prominent notice on our website(s).
Latest Revision: October 2022